My husband and I are very pleased with the job that Dave Rakestraw did with respect to removing the resident pigeons we seem to have hosted on our roof, and barring them further access. They had nested very close to a sunroom built adjacent to the brick of the house. We were tired of having the birds there, flying around, and depositing fecal matter on our deck.
- We had previously brought in [another company] to the house to assess the situation. [They] seemed to want to tackle the whole roof, instead of listening to my concern of the area just adjacent to the sunroom (am I not the customer?). [They] never even went up on the roof to really assess the situation, so [they] could give me an educated plan of action. [Their] proposal came in quite $$$$ high for [the] solution: spikes- coated black so we couldn’t see them. We already had spikes put on the roof, to no avail. Those smart pigeons just moved over and set up shop away from the spikes. We were looking for a creative solution, not more of the same.
- Dave, on the other hand- quite refreshing and creative. In a matter of minutes, after arriving with his ladder, he climbed up into the small opening afforded him by the sunroom structure’s proximity to the house. After assessing the situation, he gave me a plan that not only was more affordable, but offered us great benefits:
- Clean up all the fecal material- on the roof and deck- not only removing potential disease (i.e. salmonella) for our dog and us, but the fecal removal would enable one of our gutters to work again- pretty important.
- Bait the birds with corn- after getting them interested- come back with treated corn that could even potentially induce them to influence their flock to stay away.
- Box out the pigeons with not only wiring, but have an external covering that could match the siding of our sunroom. How smart- why, after having a sunroom built, would we want to see from the deck some unattractive wiring- Dave thought about the aesthetics of the job- not just the functionality.
Dave was conscientious in his work and did exactly what he said he’d do:
- He was prompt, and even agreed to show up early the final morning to explain and show my husband the work in progress before my husband left for work- to make sure it was to his liking.
- He found a chimney cap that was lying next to the roof- brought it to our attention and offered to put it back, if needed.
- He returned to clean up a smudge that was left on the siding.
Dave is a class act- very attuned to details, aesthetics and meeting customer satisfaction. His professional attitude and work have given us a wonderful impression of your company.
Marilyn S. Feinstein”
“Very professional! Took the time to explain everything in great detail. Easy to work with and the spray has worked its magic. I’ve already had to clean up several dead spiders.” J.D.
“The serviceman Isaac was the only one of 4 contractors who contacted me. He proved to be polite, up to date in his approach to a problem, and totally capable. I got the best. I would totally recommend this company.” E.S.
“We were very pleased with the work Dave did. He was very experienced and knowledgeable, and did an exceptionally thorough job inside and out. Would recommend without reservation!” C.O.
“Got the job done, cheerful and helpful!” Ed H.
“Very nice company. From the moment I called in the lady I spoke with listened to me complain about my problem. The guy who came out solved my problem. I would really recommend them to others.” Tamie R.
“We used AcEco for a mouse problem. We found them to be extremely helpful, professional and thorough. We were welcome to call and ask questions and learned a great deal. They thoroughly cleaned and trapped the mice and went above and beyond in helping to eliminate the smell from our extensive infestation. The smell is so much better than it was and if any odor remains, we know AcEco couldn’t have done anything more. We were very satisfied customers!” Chris G.
“Great company! I had a bed bug problem that I came back from a vacation with, and wanted to get it taken care of quickly and as painless as possible. My appt. was made same day (awesome) and worked around the time I was available (even better) which was extremely helpful. It was even better that I didn’t have to remove myself and my kids from the house for hours, because of chemicals that were used, because the product they use is not harmful to my kids and safe. The technician was polite and friendly, and did a great job!! I couldn’t of been happier with the service and care I received.” Mellisa W.
“5 Stars!!” Denise T.
“Very thorough customer service and very professional tech.” Michelle F.
“100% Satisfied with AcEco. He was honest, thorough and very knowledgeable about the bed bug infestation we had. Picked the darned things up from a motel in Estes Park. Isaac gave us a few instructions to follow before he got there, which I feel helped save everyone time and money. Highly recommended. Love Thumbtack where I found them.” Seth J.
“I have been really happy with AcEco’s commitment to quality, and service.” Sarah James
“The entire team at AcEco is super courteous; they are excellent problem solvers and very professional. They were kind and compassionate and understood my concerns – they do care about their clientele’s health and it truly showed. Working with them was a real pleasure.” Joseph Rajewski
“I cannot recommend the team at Ace Extermination highly enough. Recently I developed a bed bug problem. I have a chronic illness and have had problems with reactions to chemicals – needless to say I was super concerned about the prospect of having to spray the house. This team really does offer green solutions – we were able to solve my problem using a product called Gentrol, that is safe for kids and pets. I had no adverse reaction to it. What I liked is that the team was willing to begin the job with their least toxic chemical first; if that was ineffective, then the more potent treatment would have been applied in a targeted application. Luckily for me, I did not have a bad infestation, so this type of application worked perfectly. I feel I can speak with confidence about the high quality of this company. This is a small business, and I was able to work with the owner directly. He never made me feel bad for my many phone calls and questions, and answered them promptly, even on the weekend. He was extremely flexible with me, and offered me a sample of the chemical before we even sprayed the house. The entire team at Ace is super courteous; they are excellent problem solvers and very professional. They were kind and compassionate and understood my concerns – they do care about their clientele’s health and it truly showed. Working with them was a real pleasure.” Doreen Smith